Wednesday, January 27, 2010

All Aboard!

In my daily perusal of Vogue.com, I ran across a making-of-video for Sean "Diddy" Combs's (aka Puffy), Vogue shoot. The shoot concept revolves around Puffy's upcoming album, 'The Last Train to Paris'. The idea is Puffy is on a train for 3 days and has a seductive (and I assume very naughty) encounter with a beautiful woman (model, Natalia Vodianova).  Of course the images produced are sexy and glamorous; very true to Puffy's aesthetic.
Shot by shutterbabe extraordinaire Annie Leibovitz, Puffy & Co. are old Hollywood meets ole Harlem, à la Casablanca noir. The whole Parisian noir aesthetic really seduces my imagination, it's clever and covertly sexy. Real sexiness happens between your ears...if I wore glasses they'd be totally fogging up right now.
I don't think the shoot is anything particularly revolutionary, but I do think it's a nice evolution from the first Puffy/Vogue collaboration a decade ago. Evolution is one of the essential elements to sustaining relevance, if you're not evolving what exactly are you doing?!





No comments: